The Islandora Board of Directors
The Board is primarily concerned with legal and financial aspects of the Islandora community. It is chiefly supportive of the Coordinating Committee and Islandora Committers, but directional in the sense that when the Coordinating Committee looks to the Board for direction and lays out the issues in a way that the Board can act on, the Board will provide direction. Coordinating Committee provides the core directions of the community.
The list below reflects Partner Members in the Foundation. Partners are able to nominate one person to the Board.
- Mark Jordan (Chair), Simon Fraser University
- John Eden (Treasurer), discoverygarden Inc.
- Melissa Anez (Vice Chair), Islandora Foundation
- Donald Moses, University of Prince Edward Island
- John Herbert, LYRASIS
- Lisa O'Hara, University of Manitoba
- Holly Mercer, University of Tennessee Knoxville
- Kirsta Stapelfeldt, University of Toronto Scarborough
- Brandon Cole, Marmot Library Network
- Noah Smith, Born-Digital
- Jean Phillips, Florida State University
- David Keiser-Clark, Islandora Collaboration Group
- Bob Price, University of North Carolina Charlotte
The Islandora Coordinating Committee meets bi-weekly and acts as the operational governing committee for the Foundation's activities. Terms of Reference.
- Donald Moses, UPEI (legacy)
- Melissa Anez, Islandora Foundation
- Danny Lamb Islandora Foundation
- David Wilcox, DuraSpace (legacy)
- Kirsta Stapelfeldt, University of Toronto Scarborough (legacy)
- Mike Kemezis, University of Connecticut
- Jonathan Green, LYRASIS
- Will Panting, discoverygarden Inc.
- Wei Xuan, University of Manitoba
- Gavin Morris, Born-Digital
- Rosie Lefaive, UPEI
- Don Richards, University of Tennessee Knoxville
- Janice Banser, Simon Fraser University
- Bryan Brown, Florida State University
- Aaron Choate, University of Texas at Austin
- Lydia Motyka, Florida Libraries Virtual Campus
- Brad Spry, University of North Carolina Charlotte
- Martha Tenney, Barnard College (for the ICG)
Annual General Meeting
Technical Advisory Group
The Technical Advisory Group reports to the Board of Directors and provides recommendations regarding the architecture and evolution of Islandora (technical roadmap) to the Technical Lead, ensuring that the priorities of the Board of Directors and members are met. Recommendations by this committee are non-binding but should represent the will of key project stakeholders. Terms of Reference.
- Jared Whiklo (University of Manitoba)
- Bryan Brown (Florida State University)
- William Panting (discoverygarden, Inc.)
- Jonathan Green (LYRASIS)
- Derek Merleaux (Born-Digital)
- Rosie Le Faive (University of Prince Edward Island)
- Bethany Seeger (Amherst College)
- Carolyn Moritz (Vassar College)
Islandora Interest Groups are those Islandora Community Members that come together around a particular topic relevant to the Islandora ecosystem. The purpose of the interest group is to provide a forum for information exchange, mentorship and development within a limited area of interest and to report findings, submit code, documentation, recommendations as appropriate to the Islandora Roadmap Committee on matters of wider interest relating to the area of expertise. How to Establish an Interest Group