The Islandora Foundation is a federally incorporated, community-driven soliciting non-profit operating under Corporation Number 848647-6.
The foundation serves several key roles in the Islandora Community:
- Oversees the maintenance of the primary codebase;
- Creates and maintain a "snippet repository" of scripts, themes and other contributed resources not part of the primary codebase;
- Maintains the official documentation;
- Maintains the community lists, Twitter and other social media accounts;
- Creates and provides access to educational material, including webcasts and training videos;
- Coordinates the annual Islandora Camps and related training events;
- Presents at conferences and workshops;
- Encourages participation in the community at a variety of levels.
This is graphical representation of the Foundation's role within the larger Islandora community: