The Islandora Foundation is seeking locations for our slate of 2018 Islandora Camps. We usually look to do three or four each year, in locations serving the east and west coasts of North America and in Europe.
The Islandora Foundation pays for all catering, supplies, and instructor travel costs for the event. The only thing we ask from our host is for the venue to be provided free of charge (including wifi and projectors). Benefits for the host include:
- One free registration to the event. Additionally, we try to have at least one of our workshop instructors come from the host institution, for another free registration.
- Convenient access to Islandora training for local staff. Islandora Camp has one day of general sessions about Islandora, one day of more specific sessions on tools and sites, and one day of hands-on training either site building via the front-end with the admin track or working on code in the developers track.
- A gathering of local/regional Islandorians at your institution, with all of the attendant networking and collaboration opportunities that can bring.
- Promotion of your host institution among Islandora community and social networks (Google groups, Twitter, Facebook, website, and other listservs); your logo will be displayed on our website via the camp page.
What kind of space does an iCamp need?
- Projectors and screens. One per room is fine; two is awesome.
- Seating for 30 - 40 people, appropriate for using laptops.
- A second room with seating for half that number, for the workshop day.
- Wifi and power.
- Reasonable accommodations nearby or with easy transportation (hotels and/or student housing).
- Reasonable travel to the institution (nearby airport, or regional airport with good ground transportation).
Interested? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know about where you'd like to host the camp and what time of year works best at your institution.